Conservatives win absolute majority. The path to Brexit is becoming clearer. Lower levels of uncertainty favourable to the pound. Long-term rates rise. BOE ready to cut rates.
- British voters are done with political foot-dragging on Brexit
- Brexit will happen
- In a good position to negotiate a softer Brexit
- Although a technical recession was avoided in Q3, GDP was down already in October
- BOE prepared to cut rates
- Parliamentary election results likely to boost leading indicators
- Positive shift in sentiment
- Household confidence improves
- Real estate at a standstill
- Capital markets remain unattractive
- Brexit more favourable to the pound than expected?
- Persisting uncertainty with regard to equities and real estate